FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS3 CC Compatibility

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Warren Shaklee
CS3 CC Compatibility
on Aug 2, 2014 at 11:53:01 pm

I have a web template created in CS3.  When I edit the template in CC and change some fonts save and publish I get the following:

ArgumentError: Error #2109: Frame label s1 not found in scene s1.
  at flash.display::MovieClip/gotoAndPlay()
  at main1_cs3_original__fla::splash_actionLoadImagesgallery_37/frame2()[main1_cs3_original__fla.splash_actionLoadImagesgallery_37::frame2:1]
Cannot display source code at this location.

On this line of code
mm2.gotoAndPlay("s1")

Is this an incompatibility between CC and CS3? Not really Flash literate but trying to learn as I go.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: CS3 CC Compatibility
on Aug 4, 2014 at 1:15:16 pm

It's saying that it can't find the frame labeled as "s1" on the movieclip "mm2." You can give a frame a nickname (called a label) so that it's easier to refer to instead of remembering which number you need to reference.

I would say that either the label didn't come through OR that it's trying to reference another file that it can't find. Does your template have several files with it? If so, where the file you're editing is saved, you need to have those additional files exactly as there were organized when you got the template.

-Sam

Return to posts index

Warren Shaklee
on Aug 4, 2014 at 11:20:51 pm

Hello Sam,
Thank you for your reply. Is there a simple way to determine what movie clip the variable mm2 is pointing to when the call is made to gotoAndPlay. I don't seen anything named mm2 in the library so I'm guessing something was assigned to mm2 but I don't seem to be able to find it. It would be convenient to be able to view/search all the ActionScript at one time. The template consists of 1 .fla, 2 xml config files and images.
Thanks for your help.

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
on Aug 5, 2014 at 4:07:04 pm

Actually "mm2" would be an instance name of some object in the library. When you put an object from the library onto the stage, if you want to be able to control it programmatically you have to give it an instance name. Reason for this is so you can put multiple copies of the same movieclip on the sate and make each behave differently.

I would try adding the following code:
trace(mm2);

That may tell you what library object it is. At minimum it will tell you where it is (stage.mm2 or stage.ParentClip.mm2).

-Sam

Return to posts index

Warren Shaklee
on Aug 5, 2014 at 10:28:41 pm

Hello again Sam and thank you. I understand what you mean but I'm not sure where to put the trace. I added it to a couple of places in the ActionScript and this is what is displayed
mm2
BeginLoadXml
mm2
mm2
mm2
ArgumentError: Error #2109: Frame label s1 not found in scene s1.
at flash.display::MovieClip/gotoAndPlay()
at main1_cs3_original__fla::splash_actionLoadImagesgallery_37/frame2()[main1_cs3_original__fla.splash_actionLoadImagesgallery_37::frame2:2]
Cannot display source code at this location.
[UnloadSWF] Users:wshaklee:Documents:Web Sites:davevargomusic:sources:flash:main1_cs3 (original).swf
Debug session terminated.
I'm including a couple of screen shots from the debug session. When you run the .swf if you hover over the black area above the small images you get a little white button with the word stop. What's supposed to happen is the the large images should change as the movie advances through the thumbnail images. You can see the CS3 version working correctly at http://www.davevargomusic.com
Thanks

Return to posts index

Warren Shaklee
on Aug 5, 2014 at 10:40:27 pm

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
on Aug 6, 2014 at 1:02:14 pm

Can you send zip and send me your files? I'll take a look at it.

Sam
sam.mattern at gmail.com

-Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]