FORUMS: list search recent posts

growing lines in flash

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
kii ici
growing lines in flash
on Jul 6, 2014 at 7:09:33 pm

hi guys, i've got a probably really easy problem here, but i haven't used Flash in years and can't even remember what to type in google to find some help so if there's already a post about it here im really sorry and if you could just link it to me, that would be just great, pretty please.
im doing a little interactive "map" and i need lines growing out of a point after i click it. i've tried tween and scale but the scale is uniform and the thickness of a line also scales and i need it to be even throughout the process. is there a way to tween the endpoint of line to move it through time?
hope i explained what i had in mind, thank you very much, your forum has helped me tons of times and i hope you can save me again.
thanks again : )

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: growing lines in flash
on Jul 7, 2014 at 12:48:13 pm

One way I've done it is with masking. Have your line drawn on one layer (from point A to B). Then on the layer above that, draw a box or something that is wide enough to cover your line and covert it to a movieclip. Then tween that shape to grow in the direction that you want the line to travel, eventually covering the entire line. Then you just right click the mask layer (I think) and select mask. That should do it. Here is an example:

-Sam

Return to posts index

kii ki
Re: growing lines in flash
on Jul 7, 2014 at 7:18:41 pm

thanks a lot! you're saving my MA :D

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]