Fullscreen Woes

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Hughes
Fullscreen Woes
on Feb 4, 2014 at 4:38:08 am
Last Edited By Dan Hughes on Feb 5, 2014 at 2:00:05 am

Hi guys;

As a preface - fairly new to AC3 and Flash in general; but I'm trying to design a basic flash environment for a Kiosk. I've gotten as far as functional buttons; as well as a bit of script to hide/show play/restart different videos on various button presses.

My problems are coming around as a result of full-screening the video. Initially I had a problem as my otherwise persistent buttons would disappear when full-screening in Flash Player 12.
I used the following script to fix the issue.

history.addChildAt(button222, 2);

("history" is an instance of FLVPlayback - in this particular file it's the only video present. This video plays automatically; and is the full size of my stage. Button111 and Button222 are, as you may have guessed - simple buttons.)

However; I am now facing an issue regarding positioning on fullscreening which I cannot seem to find a solution for. Re-scaling the Flashplayer window results in the correct (relative to my stage) scaling of both of my buttons (in both size AND position -; unfortunately upon full-screening the position and size of my buttons is completely off:

I simply have to ask - what happens to the positioning when Flash is fullscreened? Is there any way to use relative positioning which applies to full-screen elements?

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved