FORUMS: list search recent posts

How do I resize all symbols in a project???

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Steven Springer
How do I resize all symbols in a project???
on Jan 23, 2014 at 6:06:45 am

So I’m trying to figure out how I can scale my flash project to fit the screen. The problem is that when I export the project to an .avi there is a huge white background that is still showing in the project. I tried to scale the whole project up by selecting all of the symbols at once and then resizing them but it only scaled a few of them separately. At this point if I wanted to stretch the project I would have to resize every symbol separately and that could take hours. I just want to be able to stretch all of the symbols at once so that the whole project is covered by the symbols. I’m using adobe CS5 on windows 7

heres a screen shot of what im talking about: http://imgur.com/DAwv2gO

Return to posts index

Collin Byrd
Re: How do I resize all symbols in a project???
on Jan 23, 2014 at 2:04:46 pm

Hi Steven!

I hope this helps
1. Click "Window" in the header

2. Scroll down and select "Align"

3. This should bring up the "Align" window. In it, there should be several options to either align anything you select to different parts of the project stage space (top, bottom, left, right, center, etc)

4. There should be a little check-window asking if you want to "align to stage." Click it.

5. Select everything you want to scale.

6. In the "Match Size" section, pick the first two. These will match your selections to the stage both horizontally and vertically. When you're done, whatever you've selected will match the dimensions of your stage.

7. You may have to align it to center if wasn't already. This can be done in the "Align" section. Also, this only does this for the frames you have selected. If you go to the next Keyframe, it'll be the original size. This can be avoided, by using "edit muliple frames" in the onion skins section to grab multiple frames.

That should do it. Hope that helps!

Return to posts index

Steven Springer
Re: How do I resize all symbols in a project???
on Jan 24, 2014 at 12:03:29 am

Thank you Collin Byrd!!! the "edit multiple frames" option was what I needed to edit all of the frames on the canvas at once! so instead of using the match option I just selected all the frames and free transformed them to the edges and it worked like a charm!! thanks again!!! you rock!!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]