FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash executable to auto-run on startup

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Maizatul Akmar
Flash executable to auto-run on startup
on Dec 31, 2013 at 4:28:58 am

I am not sure if there has been similar threads before, but I searched in the forum and found none.

So here goes my question:

I am developing a kiosk application using Adobe Flash CS6. This kiosk application is meant to be displayed on a kiosk monitor 24 hours a day. It should also auto-run upon startup.

I am familiar with making a flash.exe to auto-run upon startup from a CD before. However, I am unsure how to make it auto-run from the hard disk drive. I believe it is not a good idea for this kiosk application to run from a CD as it needs to run all day long, and plus I will have to update certain part of the application regularly on a weekly basis.

Is it possible to make the executable flash auto-run (full screen) from the drive instead of CD, upon startup? Can anyone kindly enlighten me on how to achieve this?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: Flash executable to auto-run on startup
on Dec 31, 2013 at 1:16:35 pm

This can be accomplished a number of ways. If this is a windows machine, I would try Task Scheduler first. This is something built into windows that not many people know about. It can be found under Start > Accessories I think.

You can set it to run the program on logon. You can even pass the program arguments as you would with any shortcut you create (you probably want this to run full screen, no?). You can even test it to make sure it works correctly without having to log off/on by right clicking the task and choosing execute.

If the arguments won't work correctly, you can write a batch file to open the program with the arguments. However, I think task scheduler will work for you.

Return to posts index

Maizatul Akmar
Re: Flash executable to auto-run on startup
on Jan 7, 2014 at 1:04:39 am

Hey, thanks for the help. Tried and true, and easy too! :)

~a total newbie & eager to learn

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved