FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash CC no longer has Motion Editor. What gives?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
keith vickers
Flash CC no longer has Motion Editor. What gives?
on Oct 23, 2013 at 10:39:57 am

Does anyone have any idea if the Motion Editor will make a comeback in the future.
I have recently started using Flash after a 3 year hiatus. I am using Flash CS6(I had previously used CS2) and was bowled over by the excellent Motion Editor and many new tools like the Deco brush.

On further research into this great new tool I found out that in CC it has been deprecated, so has the Deco tool, along with PSD layer import, support for Action Script 1 & 2 amongst many many other things.

What is going on?

Is Flash getting worse rather than better?

What do the gurus her at Creative Cow think?

Return to posts index

Herbert van der wegen
Re: Flash CC no longer has Motion Editor. What gives?
on Oct 29, 2013 at 6:41:47 pm

It's true: a large number of rather essential animation features were removed from the latest version. No bones tools and IK, no authortime sharing, no component panel, and much more. One Adobe employee mentioned that users would be in for a "treat" in an upcoming update. However, do not hold your breath.

I feel Adobe is re-purposing Flash for mobile game dev and game design. The competition for (character) animation tools is hard to overcome with ToonBoom and Anime Studio being far superior for that type of work, and ToonBoom being the "industry standard" at this point - Adobe gave up that part of the market, and allowed Flash to devolve in terms of animation capabilities.

I am not sure Adobe is even slightly interested anymore in developing Flash for animation.

/*----------------------------------------------------*/
System: Win7 64bit - i7 920@3.6Ghz, p6t Deluxe v1, 48gb (6x8gb RipjawsX), ATI 7970 3gb, EVGA 590 3GB, Revodrive X2 240gb, e-mu 1820. Screens: 2 x Samsung s27a850ds 2560x1440, HP 1920x1200 in portrait mode

Return to posts index

ian hanson
Re: Flash CC no longer has Motion Editor. What gives?
on Jul 16, 2014 at 2:34:43 am

This post is new enough to respond.

I was super-disappointed when Flash took out its motion editor in CC, and I wrote begging for it back. The motion editor is my KEY for realistic animation!

I had given up on Flash and gone over to After Effects for animation because it HAS a motion editor.

Sometimes I need Flash for this or that, and when I opened up today, an ad popped up in the corner that there is a NEW AND IMPROVED Motion Editor! Yay!

Haven't checked it out yet, but saw this post and thought I'd respond.

- ian

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]