FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash looping issue

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jerald Santhosh
Flash looping issue
on Oct 9, 2013 at 8:08:17 pm

I made a small flash banner. I had an animating logo which keeps on looping(tested the movie clip) which is what I wanted. Now that I've added some text animation which I'd like to animate just once and then stop. In the last keyframe of that text animation I added the action stop(), it stops not only the text animation but the looping logo as well. So I wanted to find a way make my logo animation to keep on looping and text animation to just play once.

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: Flash looping issue
on Oct 10, 2013 at 1:40:20 pm

There are a number of ways to do this, from basic to advanced.

You could create a second copy of your animation on your timeline. If you animation is 10 frames, 1-10 are your animation with text. Then 11-21 is your animation without the text (the part your want to continue to loop). Then remove your stop action and add a "gotoAndPlay(11);" to frame 21. That way it plays 1-10 (animation with text), plays 11-21, and then continues to loop through 11-21.

Or you could disable the text part of the animation after reaching the last frame of the loop, but for that the text part would have to also be a movieclip.

-Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]