FORUMS: list search recent posts

FLV video looks jittery on website

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Marilenis Lee
FLV video looks jittery on website
on Jun 20, 2013 at 6:52:05 am

Hi, I am "updating" a website that plays video clips, the website was originally created in flash and that's what I'm using.

I had to add six new videos to the site in addition to eight videos that were there already.

The videos I was give were in .mp4 format and .mov format and I encoded them as .flv using Adobe Media Encoder. Then the videos are embedded using an FLV playback object that plays the video off of the hard drive or webserver when is online.

For publishing I am using a Flash 9 player (instead of 10 or 10.1,10.2 which are the other options), generating an html and swf file, and uploading everything to the server.

The website works well, there is a little bit of a wait to load the first video (10sec or so) but the ones after that load faster. In the previous version of the site there is no wait to load the videos.

Now here is the issue: the videos play fine on my computer, both from home and from my work place (a school using a wireless connection).

The client is looking at the website and playing the videos from her home computer and she says that the videos play jittery.

Now I am kind of stuck looking for solutions online but haven't really found anything yet. I am using the code generated by flash (html+swf) so that shouldn't be an issue.

I was thinking it could be the encoding parameters but I have compared the settings I am using with the settings used to encode the videos that are currently on her site and they are the same.

Here is a link to the updated site, the six first videos on the left column are the ones I am updating, the ones on the right column are the old ones:
http://tinyurl.com/mrqv7gv

and here is a link to her current site that has no issues with the videos:
http://tinyurl.com/muqhjjr

If someone can watch the videos on both sites and tell me how they perform (load time, speed) that will be great.

If anyone has an idea of what the problem could be I would really appreciate help, I want to finish this project and it is taking longer than i was originally anticipated :(

Thanks a lot,
Mari

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]