FORUMS: list search recent posts

Importing SWF file to After Effects. Movie Clip not working.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yoshiko Tanaka
Importing SWF file to After Effects. Movie Clip not working.
on Apr 27, 2013 at 12:16:26 pm

Hi,

I am making a bunch of character Animation in Flash and importing them into After Effects to combine with other animations. When the swf file contains "movie clip" all the movements inside remains static. For example I have a character with blinking eyes embedded inside of the head which is placed in main timeline. When I export it in flash it works fine but when I import that into After Effects the blinking eyes animation doesn't work anymore. I noticed that if I set the movie clip as "Graphic" and export it it works but the problem is that many embeded animations I have are loop so I have to go into each single movie clip and extend the timeline to match the main time line which is quite time consuming...

I'm hoping that if there is anyway that I can do in After Effects to make the movie clip work. Please help!

gracias,

y

Return to posts index

Greg Neumayer
Re: Importing SWF file to After Effects. Movie Clip not working.
on May 3, 2013 at 3:45:08 pm

Unfortunately, the simple answer is "No, you can't."
Try using "Export to swf" in After Effects if you haven't already.

In general, to get AE movies to Flash without headaches you need to build all your animation on the main timeline without using interactivity.

Granted, it *should* be able to simply loop a MovieClip (and any sub-clips as well), but I've had limited success with anything off the main timeline. Make sure there is no frame code in your Movieclips (like gotoAndPlay(). I think this gets ignored. If you need to loop or stop in a sub-movie, you might have to make it manually happen by shortening the movieclip to get it to loop, or leaving a long empty tail to simulate a Stop.

Antifreeze Design
http://www.antifreezedesign.com

Return to posts index

Yoshiko Tanaka
Re: Importing SWF file to After Effects. Movie Clip not working.
on May 3, 2013 at 9:49:28 pm

Thank you. I'll stick with main timeline animation in Flash.

y

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]