FORUMS: list search recent posts

Videos load with delay and then start playing even if i move to the next page

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kinga Brooks
Videos load with delay and then start playing even if i move to the next page
on Mar 6, 2013 at 8:10:29 pm

I hope someone could help me with this:

I created a website in Flash CS6, using Action Script 3.0, and I have videos (FLV Playback) on it.
Home page video starts automatically, reel page videos start on pressing play.

The problem is that these videos load very slowly, and if a user navigates to another page before it loads, it will still be loading in the background and suddenly may start playing no matter what page you are (you hear the audio). Is there a solution to stop these videos loading, when you navigate to another page? The website I've built in older flash version doesn't have this issue.

As a partial sollution I used the function
but the sound will stop only if i click and navigate to another page, while the sound is playing.
So first of all, the user doesn't know that to stop the sound, clicking on another page is required.
Second: even if you click and navigate away, it doesn't prevent the previous video from playing out of the blue at some point.
I would like avoid creating a button on each page saying "stop all sounds", because it seems to me like a very primitive solution.

Another problem is that if i navigate away from the video page and try to go back, I sometimes need to reload the whole page for the video to play again.

Here is the page i am talking about:

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved