FORUMS: list search recent posts

animation creates multiple lines from one

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Pattie Olson
animation creates multiple lines from one
on Feb 6, 2013 at 6:17:15 pm

I need to demonstrate a fiber optic cable, that when it exceeds it's bend radius, the core cracks and the signal is lost. I am able to get the core(glass) to animate from a straight diagram to a bent position. I can get the light signal animated(drawn as a line on it's own layer) aligned to the straight core and animated with a mask. What I am having a problem with is getting the layer with the signal to bend correctly with the core. When I try to animate the line, bending it in the center with the ends coming down, three additional signal lines like it appear and it's a mess. As it progresses through the time line, they all come together and the final image is fine, however, I don't understand why I'm getting those addition lines in that tween. I do not have any other layers with the signal line. On that layer, I have only one image. I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what I'm missing and a direction to go to fix this. Thanks in advance.

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: animation creates multiple lines from one
on Feb 7, 2013 at 1:52:24 pm

can you post a link to the swf * so we can see it, as well as maybe a screen shot of the timeline, along with any other pertinent info.

i can picture what you are trying to do, but there are too many ppossible variables to offer any effective advice

* and/or the .fla

Return to posts index

Pattie Olson
on Feb 7, 2013 at 3:54:16 pm

Thanks for your response Demetri,

I finally got it to work by simply starting with a straight line to represent the signal, animating it to bend with the core, then I started adding zig-zags to the line to represent the signal I need. Though it took longer than it probably should to get this accomplished, the multiple line issue did not appear. The zig-zags smoothed themselves during the animation, which I did not want, but then became pointed again at the end. I used shape hints to reduce that problem enough to get by. It looks acceptable for now, at least the extra lines are not appearing.

I'm new to Flash, and the biggest lesson I've learned is that even though I can visualize what I want to do and via tutorials I can do the steps I think are correct, there are so many variables, options, tricks and work arounds, it is a challenge!

Thank you again for your response, I appreciate it.

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
on Feb 7, 2013 at 4:40:42 pm

OK - glad you got it to work.

animations - whether by hand or digitally - can take a long time and lots of effort,
as you are finding out : - )

please post a link once you have it complete, we'd love to see it

Return to posts index

Pattie Olson
on Feb 7, 2013 at 5:38:50 pm

Thanks for the encouragement and I will post it when it's finished. I would also appreciate feedback on how to tweak it to make it even better.

Thank you very much.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]