FORUMS: list search recent posts

button actions in Flash

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
matt ferrel
button actions in Flash
on Feb 1, 2013 at 2:31:27 pm

I am working on a website walk on where a person walks onto the screen and says hello and all that. I want to put in a button that will allow the user to close the movie. I am new to flash and am having a hard time figuring this one out. can anyone help me?

the walkon movie is embedded into the timeline.

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: button actions in Flash
on Feb 1, 2013 at 5:34:10 pm

there are 2 things to consider. without a deeper explanation, or seeing how your site works, it is hard to be specific.

there is the issue of 'stopping' the flash movie from continuing to play which can be accomplished by having a small 'close' button on a top layer of the flash movie, that is scripted to either stop the playback of the movie, or to hide the movie somehow ( remove it, hide its visibility. etc).

but your swf is placed in your html, and takes up the space as defined by your swf embed method. that might or might not be an issue, depending on how your site is set up. often with transparent swfs, that won't matter as the swf is placed over another html element that will continue to show through.

but at any rate, that space allotted to the swf will still be there. if you are actually wanting to make that go away/collapse somehow, then you need to script the actual page - using javascript. there are several different methods and approaches to that, either having the swf send a message to the javascript, and the javascript closes the div ( this uses an External Interface call )

or an html button/object is on the webpage that closes the div the swf is in. but if there is audio, you will need to attent to that too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]