FORUMS: list search recent posts

CS5 Decides to not publish

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Robert Till
CS5 Decides to not publish
on Jan 22, 2013 at 8:37:19 pm

I've run into this problem a lot, and i haven't found a solid work around or rational reason for it to happen, but here's the issue. I'll be working on a presentation and everything is fine, but once the FLA file gets over a certain file size (~120MB usually) it will hang when publishing, then close the publishing window likes it is finished, but no file is created.

I've watched the folder it's publishing into, and when it starts I can see the SWF being created, but then nothing and it disappears.

Does anyone know A) why this is actually happening, and B)how the hell I get around it. Before I've had to get the FLA size down, but that seems like an inane process for the program to work.

Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Rob

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: CS5 Decides to not publish
on Jan 23, 2013 at 2:59:51 pm

I'm not aware of a file size limit. I found this link that may be of help: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash/kb/flash-movie-size-limit-flash.html

Could it be the resources on your machine? Do you have enough RAM and temp disk space?

Also, where is the bulk of the size in your fla coming from? Are you loading a bunch pictures into the library? If so, are you optimizing the pictures first. In other words, are you making the pictures as close to the exact dimensions that you need before importing them. For example, not importing a 1024x768 pixel image if it's going to be 256x192 on your timeline.

Is there anything that can be loaded externally instead of being embedded in the fla? Examples that come to mind are pictures and movies. If it's a presentation that's being run locally instead of a web browser, you will have little latency.

Sorry for all of the questions.

-Sam

Return to posts index

Robert Till
on Jan 25, 2013 at 2:36:07 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I took a look at that link and it doesn't seem like I've hit any of those redlines. I have plenty of RAM (32 GB) and usually don't have any other programs running.

It's mostly images and they've all been optimized so they are a few pixels bigger than I need so they'll cleanly mask (maybe 5-10 px per side).

Sometimes the publisher works, sometimes it doesn't, and then other times it causes flash to crash all together.

Right now everything is embedded, and to be perfectly honest I've been doing it this way because it reduces how much the presenters need to be aware of to take with them (errors in the field) and the fact that its been long enough since I've set up files to load externally that I don't entirely remember how.

Really the one thing in there that's probably slowing me down the most is an FLV that's about 23MB

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
on Feb 7, 2013 at 1:52:53 pm

If you haven't yet, I would reach out to Adobe. We have had to for issues with Premiere working with DVDs. Seems like you have plenty of resources to properly compile the project.

-Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]