FORUMS: list search recent posts

Some Fonts Not Appearing After CS6 Upgrade to Version 12.0.2.529

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Donnie Carlson
Some Fonts Not Appearing After CS6 Upgrade to Version 12.0.2.529
on Dec 12, 2012 at 8:59:02 pm

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone else was having this problem. I an Adobe Cloud user, and upgraded this morning to Flash Professional version 12.0.2.529. When I open my .fla files, some fonts appear and some do not. When using Photoshop however, all fonts show up when using the type tool. Does anyone have a solution? I am running Windows 8 Professional.

I online chatted with Adobe support twice, and they directed me to their 1-800 number. I called them and was transferred to someone who remoted in to my computer. He had me delete something in the "regedit" program, and then an clean uninstall (with preferences deleted too) and reinstall was performed after. The problem still persists.

Help here would be amazing!

Best,
Donnie

Return to posts index

Stephen Brooks
Re: Some Fonts Not Appearing After CS6 Upgrade to Version 12.0.2.529
on Dec 14, 2012 at 5:30:27 pm

I have the exact same problem... no solution... just adding my pain and support so hopefully some genius can take notice of our plight

Return to posts index

Donnie Carlson
on Dec 17, 2012 at 2:37:58 pm

Yeah, I hope so. They didn't call back within their 48 callback time yet... I did notice something though; in the "Anti-alias" drop-down menu in the Character palette, if you choose "Bitmap text [no anti-alias]" the text will appear. If you choose any other option it disappears. Maybe there's something funky it this updated version of Flash and its rendering of certain anti-aliased fonts...

Return to posts index

Stephen Brooks
on Dec 17, 2012 at 3:02:13 pm

Found a fix and uploaded a little "how to" image to my facebook page --> http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151281533339509

It works but make sure you turn off automatic updates or it will happen again. I hope they fix this issue soon

Return to posts index

Donnie Carlson
on Dec 17, 2012 at 7:29:25 pm

THANKS SO MUCH!!! I can do my work now. I hope they fix it soon too...

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]