FORUMS: list search recent posts

Issues Exporting From Flash For Use in FCP

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Fatheree
Issues Exporting From Flash For Use in FCP
on Dec 4, 2012 at 8:55:45 pm

I have an animation I have created in Flash CS3 that is approx. four minutes in full length but is broken up into 34 different files. What I was planning on doing to put all of these pieces together and add in my sound was to export each file as a quicktime and bring them into FCP. The file sizes are 720x480, compression type: I have tried both Aniamtion and None, and fps is set consistantly on 30(to match with FCP). When initially exported, the quicktimes looked decent. But when Brought into FCP, the video now has multiple issues. The main issue being 'jagged' edges on my art(in particular, the actual lines).
I was less than satisfied with the result so I began a search for a different route. I first tried exporting as .JPEG sequences, but the same issue occured again. I next tried .PNG sequences. First, I left the resolution at 72, then brought the images into FCP and they were still jagged. So I then tried raising the resolution to 150, and repeated the process. This time the images looked better, but not satisfactory for me. Then I raised the resolution to 220 and did the same. This time, the test looked good. So I deleted the tests and exported all of my scenes as .PNG sequences with a resolution of 220. To my dismay, when I brought all of these into FCP, The Quality Was Horrible Again! Is anyone else having a similar issue? Is there another way to export from Flash CS5 to FCP, and still maintain the good quality?

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
Re: Issues Exporting From Flash For Use in FCP
on Dec 6, 2012 at 3:19:37 pm

If you look at your jpegs (some of them) in Photoshop or similar you will be able to determine whether this is Flash output that is the problem or, quite possibly, it is an import issue to address in an FCP forum.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]