FORUMS: list search recent posts

Animated button links that pause on mouseover

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Josh MacDonald
Animated button links that pause on mouseover
on Nov 13, 2012 at 12:44:15 am

Hi Everyone,

I am new to the site because I am looking for some help with Flash as I am a beginner with a dream. I am an elementary teacher and trying to get a website off the ground for my kids at school. I have been working on a website for quite sometime and now getting to a point where the tutorials that I have been doing does not articulate my vision.

I would like to have my school mascot ( a dog) in center stage juggling items around him. I don't need his arms to move however. The mascot and the items he is juggling have been created. I am trying to figure out the best way for the items to rotate around him (Like he is juggling) and when the mouse rolls over any of the items or juggling area, the items pause in the animation and become clickable to get to another page of the website. Obviously when the mouse is out of the area, the items begin rotating again. I am not sure if the items should all be in one animation or if they need to be buttons on their own. and if so how does the actionscipt work if they are all embedded into one animation. Do I have to use a "addchild" or something? My actionscript skills are lacking so if snippits will work here that would be great.

Lastly, I would love for the mascot to talk and say the name of the links when you mouseover them. That is a different project all together but my mouth symbols have been created already.

Any help in this area would be great! If this is easier to do a one on one, i wouldn't mind shooting you some extra bucks to help a private lesson (if that is legal on here, sorry)

Thank you again for helping out a beginner

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved