FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash Video Presentation

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Saunders
Flash Video Presentation
on Nov 12, 2012 at 9:02:55 pm

Hi, I am new to flash, and like others want to make a interactive video presentation. I have a video/animation I made in aftereffects which I want to stop at certain points as presentation slides, then continue the video unitl the next stopping point. I know there are similar tutorials out their but I have having much trouble following then.

So far I tried encoding my video as .flv with navigational and event markers from after effects cs6, however when I try to code the flash from the tutorials i found, the cue points do seem to get reconized. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks James

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Flash Video Presentation
on Nov 13, 2012 at 4:44:55 pm

sounds like you are doing right. an exported .flv with cuepoints can work fine as a presentation like this.

as long as you place the cuepoints correctly, and use them correctly : remebering that navigation cuepoints are used to navigate/go to a certain frame in the flv, and event cuepoints ar used to trigger events(functions) as they are reached.

if you just want to stop and restart the video in a liear fashion, you could get away with using just event type cuepoints, all named the same ( maybe all named 'stop').

if you use an FLV Playback Component, you can code it this way:

myFLVplayBackComponent.addEventListener(MetadataEvent.CUE_POINT, cuePointhandler);
function cuePointHandler(e:MetadataEvent):void {
if( e.info.name=="stop") { myFLVplayBackComponent.stop() }
}

that would stop the playing of the flv each time it reached an event cuepoint named 'stop'. since they are all named the same thing, the flv will stop. additional code, or play button, would resume playing when desired. NOTE: naming all the cuepoint with the same name is OK for this operation , but would not be OK for navigation cuepoints.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]