FORUMS: list search recent posts

Need to batch-convert SWF to any movie format

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Matthew Belinkie
Need to batch-convert SWF to any movie format
on Jul 26, 2012 at 5:16:04 pm

I work for a company that has many (hundreds) of SWF files, part of an online training series. This being 2012, we want to convert these to an iOS compatible video format (but I'd settle for ANY video format, and then convert again if I need to). There's no interactivity, so that's not an issue. I have found a bunch of sketchy-looking Flash-to-Movie converters online, but they all appear to work by playing the Flash file in realtime and capturing it live, and you have to manually stop the recording when it's done. I really want to automate the process, but I haven't found anything that will let me create a queue. Any ideas? What about creating some sort of Macro that will import an SWF into Flash and export a movie file? Could I then run that on a series of files? Full disclosure: I'm a video guy, not a Flash guy, so I'm a bit at sea here.

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: Need to batch-convert SWF to any movie format
on Aug 10, 2012 at 12:55:08 pm

I would try SUPER by eRightSoft. It's free. The GUI is clunky as all get out. However, they claim to be able to do it. I tried a couple of tests and kept getting errors. However, any time I've ever tried to convert stuff with SUPER, I get a bunch of errors until I finally figure out the right combination of boxes to check. It will do batch encoding. Here's the direct link to download:
http://www.erightsoft.org/GetFile.php?SUPERsetup.exe

-Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]