FORUMS: list search recent posts

Swf video file not playing in Safari or Fire fox but plays in IE.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Chopra
Swf video file not playing in Safari or Fire fox but plays in IE.
on Jul 20, 2012 at 6:06:06 pm

Hi all

I have a website and wish to put my flv video into one of the pages. I have created a swf with player controls initially tried the swf player in dreamweaver to insert it into my page. When uploaded the page worked fine on Internet explorer however it does not work in any of the other browers.

Having taken the issue to the dreamweaver forum Curtis Thompson was able to help me determine that the issue may be with the video file itself and not dreamweaver. The reason for that conclusion being that after testing a basic page with a "known to work" swf file the code worked fine and everything played out fine in all the browsers, however with the code "unchanged" and just the swf file switched to the one in question the video does not play.

My question is if it is the video what possible known reasons could it be? And if unknown does anyone know the best flv settings I should then go for that they know works when encoding my video; so that it plays at the highest resolution possible but still loads reasonably fast and most importantly plays on all the browsers? My original file uncompressed is about 15gb and is 1920x800 so is a big file but when compressed into the flv file played out at a decent resolution on Internet Explorer which I was happy with until i realised it didn't work on other browers.

Any tips at all much appreciated

http://www.cascadepictures.co.uk

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: Swf video file not playing in Safari or Fire fox but plays in IE.
on Aug 10, 2012 at 12:58:48 pm

Can you describe the issue in more detail? Is the player loading, but not the video, or does nothing load? In other words, is the SWF loading but not the FLV, or is the SWF not loading. If it's the SWF not loading in other browsers, you may not be including the non-IE embed method.

-Sam

Return to posts index

Jeremy Chopra
Re: Swf video file not playing in Safari or Fire fox but plays in IE.
on Aug 16, 2012 at 10:22:41 pm

Hi sam

thanks for the response. In the end I gave up on the flash player method and went with JWPlayer to get my video up. I can't remember back to the swf issue to say what exactly was coming up I'm afraid. I am sure I tried the various codes that were out there with the the non-IE embed method also without luck.

Thanks anyway

-Jeremy

http://www.cascadepictures.co.uk

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]