FORUMS: list search recent posts

Roll Over Buttons to show pictures.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kyle Tobias
Roll Over Buttons to show pictures.
on Jul 3, 2012 at 8:43:34 pm

Ok first of all I know nothing about Action Script or cogin in general..

but I'm looking for what I imagine should be nice and simple.

I have 3-4 versions of an art work I would like to load into Flash with an invisiable roll over box for each one so they can all be viewed in Flash by just moving the mouse from one side to the other.

I just about understand putting things insode a button, but how do you target a MC with a button ?

Thanks in advance and I know there is probably a tutorial for this so feel free to slap me and make me go read that.

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Roll Over Buttons to show pictures.
on Jul 11, 2012 at 2:40:25 pm

if you are still trying to work this out, can you elaborate on this:

quote:
" ...by just moving the mouse from one side to the other..."

and this:
quote:
"...but how do you target a MC with a button ?...."

on the surface, i am sure what you want to do is easy enough, but it is hard to guess at from the way the quesstion is posed.

forget about 'buttons' ( i.e. 'simple buttons'). turn your images into movieclips. every movieclip is in effect a 'button', but without the simple rollover effect, which is easy to code on your own, with greater flexibility.

also, are the images to appear where the mouse is, or somewhere else? are multiple images expected from the same mouseover, or is there a one to one correspondence with an image and a 'button' ? that is unclear to me.

Return to posts index

Kyle Tobias
Re: Roll Over Buttons to show pictures.
on Jul 11, 2012 at 5:39:29 pm

Thanks for offering, I have gone a different way with this piece, and will have to learn some AS3 in the future :).

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]