FORUMS: list search recent posts

Setting up a task for Flash Animator's Post

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Akshay Vyas
Setting up a task for Flash Animator's Post
on Jun 14, 2012 at 8:36:49 am

We have a vacancy of a Flash animator at our office & I 've been told by my boss to conduct an exam for the candidates who are applying for this post. A candidate has to have descent animation as well as Action Scripting skills.
What could be the best possible way to test them ?
Should i give them a scene to animate ?
And is the duration of 3 hours sufficient ?

Help me out people!!!!

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Setting up a task for Flash Animator's Post
on Jun 18, 2012 at 12:40:46 am

of course the answer has to be : it depends.

1) what product do you deliver? does your company make animated advertising 'banners' for websites? cartoons for broadcast? or are you a full on gaming studio?

2) is this person going to be working alone, or animating and coding as part of a larger team?

3) will you make other resources available to them during this 'test'?

4) are you doing frame by frame animations, timeline tweened animations, coded amnimations, or what?

in some ways, you should be able to see in the first few minutes whether someone knows what they are doing with coding or not. a 3 hour 'test' sounds way excessive to me. Asking potential employees to come in for an hour 'test' seems about the max to me. i'd be interested to hear if others feel differently

in any case, be up front about what you are expecting; how long you expect it to take; what a 'scene' means to you; what tasks you will be expecting them to perform for the 'test' and for the job; what tools they will have at their disposal; etc

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]