FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash is dropping the first ten frames of every render

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Yuki Radcliffe
Flash is dropping the first ten frames of every render
on Jun 2, 2012 at 2:44:11 am

I am doing a quick, cheap job for a client and I'm having some rendering trouble on a project that's due in a few hours. Every time I go to test a movie, it starts on frame 10 rather than frame 1.

I am using Flash CS5 on a Windows computer, and I am using the nested technique. This problem has happened across multiple files I've tried to work with today. Each of the files has had an imported illustrator file with multiple layers, but not much else.

In the first file that had this problem, I noticed that if my file contained graphic symbols it would have this same timing problem, but if I changed the graphics to movie clips the problem went away (the trade-off being that I couldn't see the animation in real-time from other layers of nested animation). On this file, though, (the third one) the timing problem won't go away.

For now, I think I can get away with adding a few frames at the beginning and letting them get skipped in the render, but if anyone can give me some insight to why Flash is doing this, so that I know my way around this problem on future projects, I would be really grateful.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]