FORUMS: list search recent posts

A question on interactive mouse panning.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler Freeman
A question on interactive mouse panning.
on Apr 19, 2012 at 4:31:50 am

I have a project where I want to simulate a camera panning effect that follows mouse movement. I have followed the attached tutorial and downloaded the flash file it provides, in the hopes of rigging it to fit my needs. I even took the time to read the tutorials explanation for each line of code. I know nothing about code other than basic timeline controls. .htm

The problem I am running into is this... When I apply the code and set my work space up identical to what the guide says, my background image does not respond the same way as the example file. Being ignorant I assumed that the nice results provided in the example file were due to the code being custom tailored to the image and the stage size. However when I go into the example file and mess with the background image or re size the stage, I still get a fluid response in the panning motion.

The results I get in my own work show the background image pulling hard to the left with the image stopping with its center on the left edge of the stage and the remaining stage showing bare background. Moving the mouse in the opposite direction will move the image however it does not seem able to reach its full potential.

I would assume that with this code; image position and stage size should not matter. That no matter what size I decide on, I can count on my image stopping at the edges of the stage. This proves true only in the example file.

My stage size is 1024x768 and the image I use is larger, so as to provide for panning space.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved