FORUMS: list search recent posts

Player for watching .flv files

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Joe Bandy
Player for watching .flv files
on Apr 3, 2012 at 7:17:13 pm

I have been streaming .flv files and am looking for a reliable player to test them out before publishing them online. I've been using VLC players to check and play flash files (.flv) files but have been experiencing playback problems.
Most of the time the VLC player will occasionally skip when playing back the .flv files and I am used to that. I Just downloaded the 2.0.1 two flower release and when I tried playing a .flv file, playback stalls, then starts to skip and play at what appears to be half speed of normal playback.

I'm using VLC 2.0.1 with the two flower release on a windows XP for business PC.

Is there a release that is better for playing .flv files that does not skip and it does not have to be a VLC player. I don't care if the player only plays .flv files, so long as it works. So far VLC is one of the best players I have found for watching .flv files but after downloading the 2.0.1 with two flower playback has definitely suffered.

What are you using and if you are using VLC what release? Where can I download it?

Thank you!

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Player for watching .flv files
on Apr 9, 2012 at 6:11:54 pm

I find myself viewing and reviewing .flvs in QuickTIme player ( i use QuickTime pro). It has always felt pretty reliable to me.

Return to posts index

Joe Bandy
Re: Player for watching .flv files
on Apr 11, 2012 at 3:56:51 am

Thanks, I haven't tried using QuickTime before. I'll test it out.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]