FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can a JPEG do this?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lisa Koza
Can a JPEG do this?
on Mar 20, 2012 at 11:41:06 pm

Hi, I was asked to create a leaderboard for a client that had a simple rollover, and a link. So I made this http://www.alliancemediagroup.net/firststar_clover/firststar_clover.html The goal was so that you had to read the "disclaimer" before being able to click for the link.

Now the Marketing group that hired me is stating it's preferred this banner is a jpeg, but they will still of course want the rollover with the disclaimer, and the ability to link it to the site. Can I do that??

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Can a JPEG do this?
on Mar 20, 2012 at 11:49:41 pm

yes, but if they are saying to do it with a jpg, then they are more or less saying that they don't want flash for that element.

flash could/would do this more elegantly, but it can still be done with a similar result with jpeg(s) using traditional html, css and javascript. if you are still interested, you can move this question to the Web forum, or the Dreamweaver Forum and we can work it out there.

Return to posts index

Lisa Koza
on Mar 20, 2012 at 11:59:32 pm

yeah, I wasn't really sure where to post my question, but thanks. :)

I think what I found most confusing about this was how I'm required to only deliver a leaderboard banner, I will not be the one installing it into the website, which that of course I know how to do with a rollover and link in dreamweaver for a jpg.

Anyway, thanks....now I just found out they'll take a .swf but with a jpeg backup. That IS something they will have to do, right? lol They'll add in the jpeg backup when installing the .swf....or is that done in Flash?

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
on Mar 21, 2012 at 12:05:04 am

i would deliver it as a 'package' which would include the swf, the alternate content ( the jpg(s) ),
along with the necessary html code needed. i'd recommend using swfobject2 for your embed code:
http://www.bobbyvandersluis.com/swfobject/generator/index.html

Return to posts index

Lisa Koza
on Mar 21, 2012 at 12:07:51 am

Hey Demetri, that's cool....thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]