FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to Start a Video Clip in Flash on Mouse Rollover

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
nick stubberfield
How to Start a Video Clip in Flash on Mouse Rollover
on Mar 5, 2012 at 11:49:04 am

Hey Everybody,

Admitted newbie here that has searched a ton of forums trying to figure out how to make what I want happen regarding a video that will play on a mouse over, but have yet to find anything that works so I'm hoping my own post will help me out more.

To make sure we didn't skip any steps I wanted to take it from the point where the video file is still a .mov and go from there. I believe I need to convert it to a .flv and then I'm not exactly sure where to go with it. I've read things about using buttons and other forums talking about simply using an action layer with code, but I haven't been able to follow very well.

The end result I want is a video that shows the first frame when it's not being played, but plays when the mouse rolls over it. I don't want it to stop when the mouse is not over it though, I want it to play to the end once it is rolled over regardless of where the mouse is.

Hope that makes sense. Any help is REALLY appreciated. Working on a class project that is absolutely stumping me. Thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]