FORUMS: list search recent posts

Donation (Kickstarter?) Triggers Flash Event?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James Nielson
Donation (Kickstarter?) Triggers Flash Event?
on Dec 21, 2011 at 6:13:39 pm

Anyone see any hope in this idea? My friend would like to have donations (via her website or perhaps on Kickstarter) trigger/unlock an animation. Ideally, it would be an automatic, instantaneous thing. Alternatively, the donator could receive a code to unlock the animation manually. But then how does Flash know the code/when to send it?

Thanks for reading. Any thoughts?

James Nielson
http://www.x-dissolve.net

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Donation (Kickstarter?) Triggers Flash Event?
on Dec 22, 2011 at 1:21:33 am

i can't speak for Kickstarter without seeing how they code their donation submissions. but if it was on your own page that you control, then you have a few options.

since clicking on a 'donate' button usually takes you off the current page onto a secure page, do you see the animation happening on the original page before sending them off to the secure donation page? if that is the case your button could be a flash button, which on click tiggers the animation, then when the animation is complete it carries out the code to go to the secure site.

or , you could have an animation placed on the 'Thank You' page - or whatever the last stage of the donation process is.

having the donor sent a code to unlock an animation sounds awkward at best. i would not consider that myself. on the other hand, having an animatioan play on the 'Thank You' page sounds elegant - and will be a nice surprise- in comparison to a standard 'static' thank you message.

i hope one of these at least makes sense. if you get close with one idea and get stuck - either with the flash , or any javascript or php ( i don't know how you will choose to complete a donation transaction), then please ask

Return to posts index

James Nielson
Re: Donation (Kickstarter?) Triggers Flash Event?
on Dec 24, 2011 at 3:03:07 am

That's what i figured. I agree about the askwardness of the manual method. Seems like the "thank you page" idea would work, if it's possible. If not, the pre-animation would be good. Thanks for the input, Demetri!

James Nielson
http://www.x-dissolve.net

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]