FORUMS: list search recent posts

How to get buttons to appear with cue points?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Miroslav Weiss
How to get buttons to appear with cue points?
on Dec 18, 2011 at 1:46:51 pm

I am trying to make a flash site where a external flv plays, gets to the end and then loops back to the middle. I would like to have my site navigation buttons and title bar appear on the first run through the external flv, and then to not repeat when the flv repeats. I am at a loss as to how to do this. Should I be using event cue points to trigger the buttons appearing? Any help would be greatly, greatly appreciated!

"It wouldn't be called a short cut if it were easy. It would simply be called the way."

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: How to get buttons to appear with cue points?
on Dec 18, 2011 at 9:24:46 pm

it sounds like you are needing to use both Event type Cue Points AND Navigation type Cue Points.

Event CPs trigger events
Navigation CPs are placed at points that you want to navigate to
VideoEvent Complete can also be used to trigger events when a video reaches the end

your sequence would be to have an Event cp to trigger the navigataion buttons/bar that you want to appear, then a Navigataion cp at the point that you want to loop back to after it has finished playing, and then i would also add another Event cp at the end, to use to triggeer navigation back to the Navigation point ( the 'loop').

You could do it without this last Event cp, by using the COMPLETE method of Video Event, but i find the cue point to be more reliable. Or choose to have it coded both ways, as a backup.

the linear sequnce of placing cue points inthe video looks like this:

--Event CP-----------Nav CP --------------------------Event CP--COMPLETE

the code to use each of these has been discussed here many times - a quick search should turn up some good posts. if you have specific questions on any of the coding, just ask - i'd be glad to help

Return to posts index

Miroslav Weiss
Re: How to get buttons to appear with cue points?
on Dec 21, 2011 at 2:42:14 am

Thank you very much! You were spot on!

"It wouldn't be called a short cut if it were easy. It would simply be called the way."

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]