FORUMS: list search recent posts

Playing FLV and F4V from data DVD

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Fabio Bressan
Playing FLV and F4V from data DVD
on Nov 23, 2011 at 5:09:38 pm

Hi, I'm developing a "multimedia DVD", that is, an application to be distributed on DVD support which, inserted into a computer and launched, shows some videos as well as image galleries etc.
I chose to make everything in Flash and then publish Mac and Windows projectors to be burnt on the DVD. I also have several FLV and F4V files that are called from the Flash app using the FLVPlayback component.
When it runs from the hard drive there are no problems, but when it runs directly from the DVD, the clips are quite slow, they stop, they hang, and it's quite impossible after a while to set the playhead at some point ...it is really not a decent solution ... I tried to increase the compression, but still not good (or at least acceptable) results ...
They are for the most 720p clips, and now the compression is around 1,2 Mb/s, which doesn't seem to much to me if we consider a video-DVD can support 6 Mb/s ...

Is there something I'm missing, maybe related to burning (I used Toast) or maybe to the use of the FLVPlayback component?

Thanks for any help!

f

Fabio Bressan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]