FORUMS: list search recent posts

Song loops when going back to first image, Need fix

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Estelle Lofaro
Song loops when going back to first image, Need fix
on Nov 19, 2011 at 12:38:52 am

Hi there, I was wondering if anybody knew how to keep a song playing just once in flash, without it looping. I have a basic photo gallery with prev and next buttons, and when you hit prev to go to the beginning photo, the song loops again. This is how i have my layers, and the only coding im using, Working with actionscrip 2.0 in adobe flash 5.5

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Song loops when going back to first image, Need fix (AS2 question and response )
on Nov 19, 2011 at 2:43:57 am

i normally don't answer AS2 questions, but here goes.

follow this to set up the frames and layers. push all the images up one frame, so there is now one extra frame. the first frame of the image layer you will notice is blank, and the actions are actually written on frame 2

then use this code. the previous button has extra code that will prevent the previous button from working while on frame 2, and therefore preventing the song to load again, which would happen if the movie was allowed to go back to frame one

i hope that helps. i would be remiss if i didn't encourage you to start learning AS3. there is a lot of information here to help you migrate from AS2 to AS3 if you need it. good luck!

Return to posts index

Estelle Lofaro
Re: Song loops when going back to first image, Need fix (AS2 question and response )
on Nov 19, 2011 at 2:58:36 am

Thank you so much that made obvious sense! ANd yeah, I havent used much flash scripting since highschool and just recently started up again, would have to get into the groove of AS3, seems a bit daunting but these forums looks great to start

Thanks again

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
on Nov 19, 2011 at 3:26:31 am

glad it helped!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]