FORUMS: list search recent posts

AS3: ScrollPane with columns, mouse wheel scrolls columns instead of entire pane

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sam Mattern
AS3: ScrollPane with columns, mouse wheel scrolls columns instead of entire pane
on Oct 31, 2011 at 3:50:29 pm

I have a scroll pane that I load several columns of XML data into. If my mouse is in the scroll pane but not on any data, the mouse will scroll the entire pane. However, if my mouse is over data in any particular column, the mouse wheel will scroll the column in addition to the pane.

I have a container sprite that I add the column children to, and I set the source of the pane to the container.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance.

-Sam

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: AS3: ScrollPane with columns, mouse wheel scrolls columns instead of entire pane
on Oct 31, 2011 at 4:10:07 pm

Okay, I seem to have isolated it to the textfield.autosize property. My children (columns) are each a movieclip with a dynamic textfield in it. For this I have set the autosize to TextFieldAutoSize.LEFT. This should produce a column that will grow as text is added to it.

It seems that each column is autosizing to content + 1 row, which is giving it that one row scroll room. Take away the autosize and it works as it should, until my content become larger than the textfield and then the scrolling kicks back on.

-Sam

Return to posts index

Sam Mattern
Re: AS3: ScrollPane with columns, mouse wheel scrolls columns instead of entire pane
on Nov 4, 2011 at 7:15:57 pm

So I solved it. I put a see-through movieclip over the rest of my content in the scrollPane. That takes the focus and the columns no longer scroll individually.

-Sam

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]