FORUMS: list search recent posts

Embed FLV, Export SWF/HTML

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tyler William
Embed FLV, Export SWF/HTML
on Oct 14, 2011 at 3:48:27 pm

A client has asked me to deliver a video as an swf. I've never done this before but I was able to figure it out by importing, embedding and then publishing it within Flash CS5. The only problem is that no skin or controller is attached to the video. It plays without the ability to start, stop and adjust volume. I imported FLVPlayback 2.5 and attached the video. Now the video has controls but when I publish I have to include the original FLV file for it to play. This may not be a problem but if anyone messes with the name of the FLV the SWF will no longer link to the file.

My question, is there a way to have controls (Play,Stop,Volume) but have the video embedded in the swf file? I'm not a flash guy so I hope this makes sense.

Return to posts index

Marjolein van Diejen
Re: Embed FLV, Export SWF/HTML
on Oct 16, 2011 at 7:20:20 pm

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but what you want is controls for a video in an swf, am I correct?

The method I usually use in Flash for this, is to upload the video (just the video) to a server. In Flash I'll then choose FILE>IMPORT>IMPORT VIDEO..., pick "Already deployed to a web server etc" and then enter the url for the uploaded video. Click "Next" and you should then be able to choose one of the different skins which include Play, Stop and Volume.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved