FORUMS: list search recent posts

is it possible to do an arrow animation in Flash as shown in this AE tutorial???

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Nick Natteau
is it possible to do an arrow animation in Flash as shown in this AE tutorial???
on Oct 2, 2011 at 5:36:22 pm

I'm making some animated Flash campaign maps for a WWII documentary. And I need to make animated arrows showing the movement of armies across a map.

I found an After Effects tutorial showing you how to do a perfect animated arrow where the arrow head follows a growing line perfectly in sync:

http://www.monologue.gr/tutorials/an-animated-arrow-tutorial-to-rule-them-a...

Is it possible to do this in Flash? Because I would prefer to use Flash to do all my animated maps rather than After Effects.

Thanks in advance for any help on this issue.

Return to posts index

Marjolein van Diejen
Re: is it possible to do an arrow animation in Flash as shown in this AE tutorial???
on Oct 13, 2011 at 10:09:50 pm

In a way it is. Yes, you can animate an arrow along a path in Flash. However, in the After Effects tutorial the tail of the arrow follows the path a well, bending when needed. That is something that is going to be difficult, if not impossible to do in Flash.

You could, however, animate the arrow in After Effects just like in that tutorial, export it so that the background is transparent and then put it into Flash. Not the most elegant method and it might not be practical in some cases, but you could give it a try.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]