FORUMS: list search recent posts

Building Flash Video Player

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mert Cakar
Building Flash Video Player
on Sep 17, 2011 at 4:49:19 pm

I want to create a new flash video player for my project.

This is what I'm trying to create. I want some help. Here's the questions.

1- Is there any document, which you know, can help me with creating this?
2- How can I modify the opacity in the seek bar?
3- What exactly in width and height is the proper size?

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Building Flash Video Player
on Sep 19, 2011 at 4:19:16 pm

it's not clear if you are trying to play one video or choose from multiple videos. there are so many different approaches to building video players, from fairly simple to quite complex. many professional multi video players are xml driven.

for a good start, you should watch Tony Ross's video here:

that should give you a good idea how to build one using flash's built in components.

you ask about the opacity of the seek bar. if you are using a skin on the video component, the opacity of the skin can easily be adjusted through the component inspector. as you are choosing the skin, you can also pick a color, and adjust its opacity/alpha.

if instead of a flash video component skin, you use the SeekBar component, then you have to give it an instance name, and then in the actionscript panel you change its opacity via actionscript:
seekBarInstanceName.alpha=.5; for 50% opacity.

if you've built and coded your own seek bar, then it is a movieclip like any other movie clip, and you change its opacity using the alpha property as above.

what size to make and display your video is up to you. it will depend on its ratio; is it HD ? the rule of thumb is to try to play it at its native size ( the size it was encoded at), or scale it down from that.

i hope that helps you get started.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved