FORUMS: list search recent posts

Optimal FLV file size (slideshow) for the web

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
martin dugard
Optimal FLV file size (slideshow) for the web
on Aug 4, 2011 at 6:16:17 am

Hello,

May I disturb with a small question: I'm trying to buid a slideshow for my website. The slideshow includes 20 images, each 800 x 520 pixels, each lasting 5 seconds with a fade in/fade out transition effect.

I was surprised to realize the flv file generated are pretty heavy for such a short, 3 min video: 15 Mo! (8.5Mo if I get rid of the fade in/out effects).

All the more surprised as original images were all around 130 Ko weight.

I intend to upload this FLV video in m website, embedded in a page... is the file size (15 Mo) way too heavy or is it considered fine these days?

Is there a way to reduce the file?

I tried to move quality of FLV export from "high to "medium"..but change were minimal (14Mo instead of 15Mo)

By the way I created the FLV file inside Premiere CS5 rather than Flash..does this have any influence?

Thanks a lot for all your advice.

Martin

Return to posts index

Adam Ashby
Re: Optimal FLV file size (slideshow) for the web
on Aug 8, 2011 at 5:29:28 pm

If you're just making a slide show with simple fades I wouldn't make it a video. I'd use Flash to make the slide show a swf, then the file size will be comparable to the total weight of the original images. Plus you can optimize your jpegs to better quality with smaller file size than with FLV video.

Return to posts index

martin dugard
Re: Optimal FLV file size (slideshow) for the web
on Aug 12, 2011 at 1:35:29 am

Thank you for your answer. After scouring the web, I had the impression that if I do fades, FLV was better suited that SWF...do you think my understanding was wrong?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]