FORUMS: list search recent posts

Adobe Flash CS5 duplicate symbol question

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Williams
Adobe Flash CS5 duplicate symbol question
on Aug 1, 2011 at 10:53:37 pm

Hey everyone i wanted to ask a question i have been working with flash for a few months and trying to learn it i do get most of it but i am now at a problem that i can solve and i cant seem to put in the right search query in google to find how to do it.

I am right now working on a fla file that was provided to me from a client and they want to change the top menu structure up and have more menu items across the top.

In the past i just duplicated a previous symbol and changed the font and the link to where it is going. When ever i duplicated a symbol now and change the text the symbol the i used for the one to be duplicated has the same text.

Example if i duplicate symbol 10 (that has text of Home) to symbol 10 copy or any other name and i got to change the Home text to About Us the original symbol 10 text says About Us to.

Can you help me with this. I know this is most likely an easy fix but i just dont know how to do it.

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Adobe Flash CS5 duplicate symbol question
on Aug 2, 2011 at 12:33:34 am

there is a difference between copying a symbol and duplicating a symbol.
it sounds like you were just coptying it.

to quote from a differnet forum where i answered a similar question:

"you run into this problem when you just copy a movie clip and try to alter/edit the content of one of the copies withouth duplicating the symbol first.

best to copy your movieclip symbol, then right click on it and choose 'Duplicate Symbol'. then you can freely edit one copy without affecting the other. just be careful that if you have nested symbols, the the nested symbols might need to be duplicated also."

hope that helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]