FORUMS: list search recent posts

Quickitme MOV to Flash loses audio

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Ann Clark
Quickitme MOV to Flash loses audio
on Jul 10, 2011 at 10:03:32 pm

Hi All,

Anybody having trouble making a Flash file out of a Quicktime -- losing all or some of the audio?

My original .MOV files sound great, but the results after the Flash conversion are unusable.

I am primarily a TV video editor, not a web designer, but am tasked with creating Flash movies from .MOV files. I don't do this often, but in the past, the following process worked flawlessly:

1.) Create the .MOV using FCP7, then
2.) Use the Flash Encoder to create the .FLA, and then
3.) Complete the process using Flash CS3, generating the .SWF, an HTML page with the video embedded in it, and all the accompanying files needed for web display.

In the past week, I have made 4 of these Flash files. The last two were failures. In one file, 100% of the audio was missing, with only a tiny "pop" at the start of the file. In the other, the audio played for a few seconds, then "pop" and silence.

My workaround for the problem was to create a WMF version of the clip, then use it to create the Flash. I say workaround because I am not completely satisfied with the video quality of the WMF. I'd rather start with a Quicktime.

Any ideas on why the silence or partial silence in the Flash audio?

My system is a Mac OSX 10.6.4, running FCP7 and Adobe CS3.

Thanks in advance for helpful hints.

MacPro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 14GB memory - OSX10.6.4 FCP7

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]