FORUMS: list search recent posts

AME Pixel Aspect problem

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
adam taylor
AME Pixel Aspect problem
on Jun 27, 2011 at 2:25:04 pm

I have noticed that some of the videos i'm trying to convert to .lv's, are coming out with the wrong Pixel Aspect ratios.

I'm using the Adobe Media Encoder CS5 on a Mac os 10.6.5 system. The videos have all been created the same way, and the PARs all work fine on other software.

Some are coming as 16:9 (correct) and some are showing a 16:9 squished into a 4:3 shape, whilst sitting in a 16:9 file.

They were all created as anamorphic 16:9 video (using the same settings), yet some seem to work and others don't.

I cannot find a Pixel Aspect Ratio option anywhere in my software, even though the manual seems to hint at there being one.

Any advice gratefully received?

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

Pieter Helsen
Re: AME Pixel Aspect problem
on Jun 27, 2011 at 3:22:34 pm

Hey Adam,

If you have it... use CS4 media encoder instead.
CS5 Media Encoder is a rather crappy piece of software compared to it's older brother. It's the only reason I keep CS4 installed side by side.

Kind regards,
Pieter

General notice: from now on, I would like to ask everyone to put [AS2] or [AS3] (corresponding to the version of actionscript you are using on your project) in front of their post titles when the question is actionscript related! Please help us help you faster. Thank you.

Return to posts index

adam taylor
Re: AME Pixel Aspect problem
on Jun 27, 2011 at 3:27:01 pm

i dont have it installed any longer!

But i did just find the solution....seems in their wisdom, SAdobe decided to remove the Aspect ratio options from the settings window to file/interpret footage instead. In here, i can set the aspect correctly and the video all looks right again.

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]