FORUMS: list search recent posts

Create printable business card in Flash

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Stan de Wijs
Create printable business card in Flash
on Jun 21, 2011 at 1:26:55 am

For a company that works with sales agents all over the world I want to create a web form in Flash where the agent can fill out his/her contact information which automatically will be put on a business card background.

This business card, with the agents information, should be repeated 10x on the final printable file (filling an A4 or letter sized sheet of paper)

Can someone please help me with that? Or if you know a good tutorial about how to create this let me know.

My Flash skills are intermediate.

Thanks in advance!

Return to posts index

demetri tashie
Re: Create printable business card in Flash
on Jun 24, 2011 at 2:41:18 am

this is not so hard nor so complicated.

you set up your A4 page as a single movieclip. lets say that movieclip has an instance name of 'card1'.
create your graphics etc inside this movieclip. each card gets a dynamic text field that will be filled in with the information inputted. give each of those dynamic text fields instance names ( for instance 'dyn1', dyn2', dyn3' etc. of course the instance names are whatever you choose.).

then, somewhere else there is an input text field for them to enter their information. give that an instance name ( for example, call it 'input1')

then you could have 2 buttons(movieclips), give them instance names 'btn1' and 'btn2'. then code it so that button one takes the input text and places the same text in all the dynamic text fields. button 2 then send the movieclip 'card1' to the printer.

below is the code that makes it work, based on the very simple working sample posted here:
btn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, populateFields);
function populateFields(e:MouseEvent):void {

btn2.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK, printClip);
function printClip(e:MouseEvent):void {
var pj:PrintJob = new PrintJob();

hope that helps

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved