FORUMS: list search recent posts

compress motion graphics for flash under 50 kb

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Victor Camacho Guerrero
compress motion graphics for flash under 50 kb
on May 31, 2011 at 12:20:04 pm

Hi everyone,

when i was creating banners, I have been always working with after effects, importing the flv in flash and exporting in swf. Getting banners under 50 kb, light and really good quality. however google does not accept two files for the banners, and the size has to be under 50 kb.

Importing the flv into the timeline in flash , creates a bigger swf, bigger than 50 kb.

anyone has any solution to create good stuff on after effect and exporting on swf under 50 kb?

Many thanks.

Return to posts index

Brodd Nesset
Re: compress motion graphics for flash under 50 kb
on May 31, 2011 at 1:04:17 pm

You mean your previous banners were < 50 kB in the swf itself, but it loaded a video (.flv) that was, say > 1 MB?
If you were able to create banners before that came in below 50 kB combined (wow!), it should be no problem continuing to do so by importing the video into the timeline instead of separate.
Another option from After Effects is to export as a series of bitmaps instead of video. Flash will import a string of bitmaps neatly in one go. This will quickly eat up 50 Kb however. You can use jpeg, or even PNG, which has losless compression. Flash can then add jpeg-compression itself. Sometimes this works better.
If your After Effects work is mainly gradients and vectors, and not so many effects, you could try AE's own .swf export. This file can again be integrated in a new swf created in Flash, which has interactivity etc.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Return to posts index

Victor Camacho Guerrero
Re: compress motion graphics for flash under 50 kb
on May 31, 2011 at 1:40:18 pm

Brodd, thanks a lot for your reply.

Exactly as you said, the video was bigger than 50 kb, sometimes as 1 mb.

Exporting as bitmaps as jpeg, could be a good idea. Later i would need to add some actionscript in flash. but that wouldnt be a problem.

I would give a try according to your suggestion.

Thanks a lot.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]