FORUMS: list search recent posts

txt links in the flash project

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jaime Carrelli
txt links in the flash project
on May 24, 2011 at 7:24:32 pm

I am trying to edit some ones project that used to manage our site. However I am not savvy with adobe flash.. I need to edit text and tween links? I can see the text I want to change but I can't see it in the timeframe or when I go thru the frames in adobe flash professional. I tried to edit the file directly when I import the project into flash but when I recreate the SWF file it does not pick up this change. Please HELP

Return to posts index

Brodd Nesset
Re: txt links in the flash project
on May 30, 2011 at 12:54:14 pm

Hi! Unfortunatele there are/were many Flash developers out there who are not very good at organising their projects, like putting comments here and there, use sensible naming for MovieClips etc. This often makes jobs like yours harder than it need to be. Just a general observation.

Sometimes, or even quite often, you won't see all text in the final file in the main Timeline, as you have observed. In Flash you often employ multiple timelines nested into eachother, by the use of MovieClips. Every MovieClip is an independent Timeline, and it can be from one to hundreds of frames long. All MovieClips are stored in the Library. DoubleClick on MovieClips you find there to open their own Timeline. Here you might find the content you otherwise only see in the finished movie, but editable. Notice that it is not uncommon for a MovieClip to be blank in it's first frame (makes it invisible in the main timeline; an often desired effect), but in the latter frames it has lots of content. You might need to go from frame to frame.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Return to posts index

jaime Carrelli
Re: txt links in the flash project
on May 31, 2011 at 8:23:44 pm

I was able to pull out the text it was stored in a graphic file that if I edit that file then it updated in the project. My problem now is that when I load the project one of the fonts is missing Arial_9pt_st. The pages is not lining up rigth with the links associated with the text /buttons? If I mess around with the allingment on the text graphic I can get it to line up right but I thought this would all be inlcuded in the package. Any help would be great?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]