From AE to Flash doesnt have audio

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Anilio Sweet
From AE to Flash doesnt have audio
on May 22, 2011 at 11:21:33 am

Hi everybody..

I looked up in different kind of post but couldnt get a answer

I made a project in AE and i renderd it out in quictime, and it payed wel audio and video when i try to import it in flash cs5 it doesnt reconize it??

Its 400x264 with different kind of effects ( blur/flares/textdropshadow) so i think its pretty haevy

So i export the fil from the file menu --> adobe export pro xml or some thing.

And when i open the flash project which it created and i want to export it
1 it doesnt have sound...als my preset from the sound options are on
2 The file size is 18mb as a swf??

Its a promo for a website and 18mb its much to big to load.. adn i dont know how to get it smaller, if i set the image on 80% the image directly looks edgy en not good.. if i change the fps from original 25 to 15 its not playing smooth.. but still no audio and still to haevy....

Could some one help??

Return to posts index

Brodd Nesset
Re: From AE to Flash doesnt have audio
on May 31, 2011 at 7:24:42 am

Hi! For one thing, Flash can indeed import several video formats, especially Quicktime, so I'd check if I had done everything by the book once more.
I have used After Effects for 10 years +, and this program is a little different! It started out outside Adobe, and a few 'oddities' have persisted from then I guess. Culprit #1 is that it's main output channel is not found on the File menu at all, but in the Composition menu / Make Movie.
In your case I'd Export my animation as a video, in the FLV format (Flash's own video format). Sound will follow along, and it will probably compress better (i.e. the reduce the file size, but still look good) than by using File / Export in After Effects. To my knowledge (I am not super updated on this!) the swf's created by AE are still just a series of jpgs, with no sound. In some cases it will work, but many 'pretty animations', especially with many effects applied, will work better as videos.
And actually, an swf at 18 MB might be a problem, but a video might not! Flash will stream video very elegantly after only a small portion of it has loaded.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Return to posts index

Ann Clark
on Jul 10, 2011 at 10:08:10 pm

Hi,

I don't know if you solved your issue, but the Quicktime-to-Flash problem with the sound is familiar to me. I have been trying to get a Quicktime (from Final Cut Pro) to convert to Flash, and on two different projects, I lost all or part of the audio.

Can you export from AE in another format, such as WMV, before converting to Flash - and if so, do you get better results?

Perhaps someone on this forum has an insight?

MacPro 2 x 2.8 GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon 14GB memory - OSX10.6.4 FCP7

Return to posts index

adam taylor
on Aug 24, 2011 at 9:19:38 am

I've found a solution, albeit an extra step in the process.

My videos will not convert the audio to anything other white noise, if the video starts out as 10bit Uncompressed. To get around this, I simply run the Uncompressed file through Compressor first to convert it to Apple ProRes422, before running it through AME to create the .flv.

seems to work everytime.

adam

Adam Taylor
Video Editor/Audio Mixer/ Compositor/Motion GFX/Barista
Character Options Ltd
Oldham, UK

http://www.sculptedbliss.co.uk
My YouTube Animations Page

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]