FORUMS: list search recent posts

(Possibly) Advanced button usage

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Simon Kusza
(Possibly) Advanced button usage
on Apr 14, 2011 at 2:22:49 pm

Hey folks,

Joined the forum to find a solution to a problem that is hampering my progress on a project!

Basically I am trying to link two buttons so that two separate areas activate as one button including with rollovers etc.

Long explanation: I am creating a flash application that features a series of tabs along the top of the page that when rolled over, will light up. When clicked on, these tabs will take the user to a different page. Simple enough. My problem is that I have an image on the left hand side of the application that features areas of the image that will take the user to the same place. I wish to link the button rollovers so that when the user rolls over the tab, the image will light up and vice versa.

I have been unable to find a solution to this myself - the closest I came was making the area one button, but due to the distance the image and tabs are apart, the whole screen becomes one big button!

Thanks in advance for the help!

Return to posts index

Mike Smith
Re: (Possibly) Advanced button usage
on Apr 15, 2011 at 8:05:07 am

Can you not do this with big buttons with two separate hit areas ...? http://www.webwasp.co.uk/define/hit-area/index.php

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]