FORUMS: list search recent posts

captions for flash video

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
John Cuevas
captions for flash video
on Apr 8, 2011 at 3:47:26 pm

I'm inexperienced with Flash. A client has insisted on a captioned flash video file and we're trying to figure that out using CS5. I've followed the steps outlined in the Adobe help (I think), but when I test the movie, I get no captions. I see an error in the output tab under the stage:

TypeError: Error #1090: XML parser failure: element is malformed.

at fl.video::TimedTextManager/http://www.adobe.com/2007/flash/flvplayback/internal::xmlLoadEventHandler()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEventFunction()
at flash.events::EventDispatcher/dispatchEvent()
at flash.net::URLLoader/onComplete()

I have no idea what this means. Here's what I've done: I dragged the FLV Playback component to the stage. I selected a skin that includes a caption button. I associated an existing flv video with it as its source. Than I dragged the FLVPlaybackCaptioning component to the stage. I set the flvPlaybackName to "flvplayback" which is what I named my FLVPlayback component. I set its source to "captions.xml" which resides in the same folder as the project. This captions file is actually Adobe's sample timedtext caption file that I'm using for testing. The first caption starts at 00:00 so I thought it should work with my video.

If anyone has a surefire method for making captions work with a flash video file, please let me know!

Thanks!

Johnny Cuevas, Editor

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]