FORUMS: list search recent posts

Expire Date of *.SWF file AS3

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael Bison
Expire Date of *.SWF file AS3
on Mar 21, 2011 at 9:55:24 pm

Hello everyone :)!

Please help me find the solution for my movie :). I'd be very appreciate. I need to define (from ActionSctipt console) the expire date of my *.swf movie file. I already wrote the simple code which works - i define the date zero (hour / day / month / year), and after i cross this date, the movie goes to the frame with information about its expiration.

Take a look:

var Zero:Date = new Date(2011, 5, 1, 0, 0);
var Today:Date = new Date();

if (Today > Zero) {
else gotoAndPlay("start");

I know that this amateur example of "protection" is easy to brake in dozens of ways - for example by manipulating the system date or using the flash decompilers.

So... I've wonder if anyone of You guys know the solution for at least one of these concepts which (in my opinion) should solve the problem:

1st concept) - modifying the code that in result is resistant for system's clock manipulation. Maybe someone of You know how to do it without playing with cookies ;).

2nd concept) - the code is not responsible for taking care about the Date Zero - but for the number of views. For example - the future client watches my project 10 times, and then he'd be unable to play it again, or the movie automatically deletes itself from a hard drive.

3rd concept) - how would the code look like which reads the Date Zero from a file? for example the *.txt file which is on the server or hard drive?

Thank You very much for helping :)

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved