FORUMS: list search recent posts

Go to frame after flv video has completed.

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark Richards
Go to frame after flv video has completed.
on Mar 13, 2011 at 12:06:30 am

Hello, I am new to this and I am trying to create a flash program that has an flv video on a frame. After this plays I would like it to go to a different frame number. I have searched all kinds of code, but nothing works. The way I imported my video is file/import/import video/load external video with playback component. Then I have chosen "none" as the skin. Can anyone help?

Mark

Return to posts index

Brodd Nesset
Re: Go to frame after flv video has completed.
on Mar 15, 2011 at 9:52:12 am

Try this:
1. Name your video playback instance something, f.i. myVid (you do this by selecting the element on stage, and write the instance name in the properties panel)
2. In a frame above the instance, you can paste this:

import fl.video.VideoEvent;

stop();

mcVid.addEventListener(VideoEvent.COMPLETE, fPlay);

function fPlay(e:VideoEvent):void {
play();
}

PS this is ActionScript 3 of course ...

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Return to posts index

Mark Richards
on Mar 15, 2011 at 6:02:55 pm

Is there a way to do this in actions script 2, I tried to rebuild my site in AS3 but I have never used it before and can't seem to get it to function.

Return to posts index

Mark Richards
on Mar 15, 2011 at 10:30:09 pm

Another question from my last. Is it possible to write the flash project in AS2 then access a video from a swf or flv then return again to the next frame or is is possible to write the project in AS2 and have a video on a frame that is AS3. In other words, I have a quiz that I have built on AS2 that I don't know how to build on AS3.

Thanks again for y our help.

Mark.

Return to posts index

Brodd Nesset
on Mar 16, 2011 at 8:40:28 am

You can't mix'n match AS2 and AS3 in the same file. Very often the differences are neglible! A transition from AS2 to AS3 is not always difficult. If you ask me, it depends how messy the AS2 code is. AS3 don't accept such mess. Well written AS2 can be used as is or copied and pasted into AS3 with only small alterations.
You can actually use an AS2 swf inside an AS3 movie! Conceptually you could have an AS3 'shell' which holds the video and the (AS2) quiz as an imported element. I wouldn't say this is for the beginner, however. (And BTW the opposite is certainly not possible)

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]