FORUMS: list search recent posts

symbol position

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jandi pyo
symbol position
on Mar 6, 2011 at 10:06:14 pm

i'm using Flash 8 for animation clip.
I want number of symbols of chracter (the character hair blowing in the wind ) appear in the same location frame after frame without changing the sizes or position.
now its jumping and changes the size of symbols just alittle but noticeable, that is to have smooth movement of the hair of the character symbol, because as I try to fix the size it still does not come out smooth. Is there a way to do this accurately? Thanks

Return to posts index

Brodd Nesset
Re: symbol position
on Mar 7, 2011 at 9:58:27 am

What you need to do is to move the 'anchor point' to a fixed edge. In your case I'd figure the bottom edge would work well. When the sizes of the verious symbols vary, only the top and sides will change, while the 'base' is fixed. For hair in the wind, this makes sense.
This is how I do it (in CS5 - but it might apply to Flash 8 as well):
Select the symbol on Stage, and hit Q. You see a thick(er) line with corner dots and dots in the middle of the lines.
Hold down the Ctrl-key, and move the anchor point (open rounding) to the middle of the bottom line. It will snap.
You need to do this for every symbol (I'm afraid), and realign in the Timeline. It's best to do this operation already when you start out, of course. When it's done, every sequence you make with these symbols will look better and in place, however.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved