FORUMS: list search recent posts

Flash encoding issues

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Todd Terry
Flash encoding issues
on Feb 22, 2011 at 4:28:42 pm

Hi gang...

This is my first time in here... I usually host and haunt several other COW forums but haven't had need to visit the Flash forum until now.

...and maybe this isn't the best forum for my question since i'm not talking about Adobe Flash per se, but rather Adobe Flash Encoder. Please forgive me if I should be asking elsewhere.

Ok, here goes...

A couple of our edit suites are almost identical... both Matrox AXIO LE machines, but one of them (mine) is running CS3, whereas my other editor's suite runs CS4. We mostly do broadcast commercials but I've also frequently made .flv files, usually when a client also wants to embed their production on their website. I've never had any trouble with this, and they always look great. I use CS3's stand-alone "Flash Video Encoder."

Well, my other editor does not have nearly as good luck when he tries to make .flv files. Since CS4 no longer has the stand-alone Encoder it must be done within the Adobe Media Encoder inside of Premiere.

He and I can both make files using exactly the same settings, same sources, same codec, same bitrates, same outputs... and they even result in files that are almost exactly the same size. However, there is a vast quality difference in the finished .flv files. The ones I make with CS3 are much much better than the ones he makes with CS4. And not just a little bit ("Ehhh, I kinda think that looks better..."), but a lot. The CS3 files are much much noticeably better and sharper... there's no comparison.

The last batch we both tried were 200kbps, On2VP6 codec, 29.976fps, 425x240 pixels... mine looked quite good and his were borderline acceptable... if that.

Any idea what we are doing wrong? Or what I'm doing right that he's not??

Any help is appreciated... or feel free to direct me to a more appropriate forum.

Much thanks,

T2

fantasticplastic.com

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]