FORUMS: list search recent posts

Can Flash CS5 run together with Flash CS4?

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mike Prindle
Can Flash CS5 run together with Flash CS4?
on Feb 17, 2011 at 1:52:56 pm

I currently have Production Premium CS4 installed and want to add a full version (not upgrade) of Flash CS5 only.

Does anyone know whether I can have both Flash CS4 (in Prod Prem Suite) and Flash CS5 installed on the same computer without conflicts or issues? I'm only going to use the CS5 version of Flash.

Is there a risk of the Flash CS5 install clobbering the existing common files used by Flash CS4 which resides in the Prod Prem Suite CS4?

I could not locate the right person at Adobe to give me a definitive answer. Thanks for any opinions.

Core i7-975 3.33GHz, 12GB RAM DDR3/1333mhz, nVIDIA GTX280m 1GB GDDR3, W7 Ultimate x64, Adobe Production Premium Suite CS4

Return to posts index

Brodd Nesset
Re: Can Flash CS5 run together with Flash CS4?
on Feb 18, 2011 at 11:35:20 am

I've had Flash 8 and Flash CS3 side by side with no problems at all. There is a folder made called Adobe, where programs outside CS is located (I now have Audition there for instance), and another folder called Adobe Creative Suite. This happened automatically at my place.

Not everything that can be counted counts, and not everything that counts can be counted.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved