FORUMS: list search recent posts

Dynamically Loading SWF (issues)

COW Forums : Adobe Flash

<< PREVIOUS   •   FAQ   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Randy Esulto
Dynamically Loading SWF (issues)
on Feb 15, 2011 at 4:26:54 pm

I'm building a web site that dynamically loads SWF files into a container. The first SWF is set up to automatically load into the container and then buttons are supposed to unload the current swf, and load the desired one.

The first swf loads perfectly fine. However, when a button is clicked, the swf unloads, but the new one never loads in and I have a message in the bottom toolbar of my browser that says, "waiting for"

Also of interest is the fact that there is one button that I have not yet scripted (that button has no function assigned to it) yet if that one is clicked, the swf in the container is unloaded. Meanwhile, I have a button "home" that is supposed to call the same swf file that is loaded automatically and if I click that, it seems to function properly by NOT unloading the "home.swf" from the container.

If you're reading this, hopefully you can give me some suggestions as to what I can try to get these swfs loading/unloading properly. If you want to experience the issue, go to

Thanks, (scripts are below)

This is the script I have to load the first SWF:

_root.currMovie = "home";

This is the button script (swf name changes each time, obviously)

on (release) {
if (_root.currMovie == undefined) {
_root.currMovie = "home";
} else if (_root.currMovie != "home") {
if (container._currentframe >= container.midframe) {
_root.currMovie = "home";;

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2018 All Rights Reserved